As here in the UK we are in the highlight of our summer (and boy has it been a corker) I thought of this dish as it is a light lunch to be enjoyed in the sun, or as an accompaniment with a BBQ feast. Obviously a BBQ is not very vegan friendly, so whether you’re vegan, veggie or a carnivore this lunch can be eaten by all and quickly too as its made in few simple steps.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 100g dried cous cous
- 3 roasted red peppers (from jar)
- Approx 5-6 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 vegan friendly vegetable stock cube (or any stock cube if you’re not vegan)
- Approx 160ml of boiling water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Add your stock cube into the boiling water and dissolve.
- Add in the paprika, mixed herbs, salt and pepper
- Add in the cous cous and stir, ensuring all of the cous cous in submerged in the water and coated in all the flavourings.
- The cous cous should soak up all the water in about 6-7 minutes.
- Whilst this is happening, chop up the peppers and tomatoes and add them in and stir.
- Once the cous cous has absorbed all of the water give it one final stir to mix and distribute everything evenly and serve immediately or set aside to eat cold.
With cous cous having the plain dried stuff means you can add any flavour you like into and make it your own. It’s also very quick at cooking, so it a must for us when we have to have a quick lunch before getting on with the next task in our busy lives.