Whilst all the sides and salads that we threw together were extremely tasty, we wanted to keep them all very classic and minimalistic which appears to be our two words of the month!! With this dish however, we decided to explore a little with different flavours and created this very simple and fantastically delicious BBQ side. Let’s get on with it!!
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- Rice 1 and half cups
- Large handful of frozen peas
- In a pan put the rice in along with 3 cups of boiling water (one cup of rice to 2 cups of water ratio)
- Add all the spices and herbs and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and once boiling vigorously turn the heat down and let simmer with the lid on.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes then add the peas and stir.
- Continue to simmer and once the water has gone, take off the heat and place a tea towel or kitchen roll over the pan and let it steam for 5 minutes.
- This can be served hot straight away or left to cool and served later.
Easy peasy!! Peasy because it has peas in it? Try and guess who is currently typing!! With bad jokes like that it can only really be one person!! Meg threw this rice dish together whilst I was causing controversy with my coleslaw and for the simplicity of this dish it turned out so well and was extremely tasty. Perfect hot or cold and whilst it was the perfect dish to accompany a BBQ, it would be a very simple side for an Indian themed night that we still have hidden away up our sleeves!!