With a BBQ you’ve got to have a salad but most of the time its’s your big standard, iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomato and pepper. So we’d thought we would go a little bit more on the posh side. We only used three ingredients but by making it look pretty you can get away with using so little. It’s a really simple salad to make and the flavours work beautifully together! It’s dressed with balsamic vinegar dressing which gives it that tangy flavour and works with tomatoes brilliantly. This will take less time than the usual salad and will definitely get a few of your friends heads turning !
- 2 mozzarella balls
- 5-6 tomatoes
- Handful of spinach
- A few splashes of balsamic vinegar
- Slice the mozzarella and the tomatoes and set aside.
- Using a plate to present it on, place 2 spinach leaves, then a slice of tomato, and 2 spinach leaves and then a slice of mozzarella.
- Repeat until you have used all the ingredients.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and serve!
Of course it is entirely up to you how you layer it but I felt that this helps get a variety of the colours running through. Halloumi is also a great cheese to do this with, give it a quick grill first and use in the same way. The salad is easy to the pop in your burger bun and have the mozzarella ooze out as it melts!