Barbecue season is so close now that we can practically smell it but until then we would like to present to you bacon and mozzarella potato skins. I will add that by we I mean me and by me I mean the one who is going to have to go shopping before Meg finishes work to replace the mozzarella that I used the last of. Let’s be honest though, when bacon is involved, normal cheese just won’t suffice!! This is a fantastic idea for lunch or dinner and is the perfect summer recipe when served with salad.
Ingredients (for one):
- One jacket potato
- Two rashers of bacon
- One ball of mozzarella
- One knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Prick the potato and place in microwave for ten minutes.
- Whilst the potato is cooking, fry the bacon until cooked to your preference.
- Take the potato out the microwace and place in the oven for thirty minutes.
- Take the potato out and cut in half.
- Scoop the potato out of each half and place the scooped potato in a bowl.
- Tear half the mozzarella up and add to the potato.
- Add the knob of butter and season and then mash.
- Roughly chop the bacon and add to the mash.
- Place the scooped potato back in the skin.
- Tear off a chunk of mozzarella and press into the top of the potato.
- Place in oven for about ten minutes or until cheese has melted.
As with many of our recipes this is extremely versatile as you can add any combination of ingredients to the potato and we will more than likely mix this up in the future. Talking of the future, we will, over the next few weeks, be bringing you lots of exciting barbecue ideas and I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it or not but it’s my birthday coming up!! Until then though, I’m not sure if happy skining sounds right so happy spudding!