This recipe it is tiny bit of cheat as we didn’t make our own BBQ sauce, but sometimes, these cheats need to be taken. As we are very busy at the moment with work and still waiting to get the barbecue out, we are having a lot of throw together dinners, which are basically a quick look in the cupboards and chuck it in a pan (or oven dish!). This meal being one of them. With this, everything is cooked in the same baking tray and as it is all cooked together then it means less washing up and we all love the idea of less washing up . With this we did serve it with some peas and spinach, which weren’t cooked in the dish, but we’re trying to increase our vegetable intake at the moment. So if you’re in need of an easy, quick meal, then read on and if you’re not in need of an easy quick meal, push the boat out and read on anyway!!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- Large handful of mushrooms
- Approximately 150ml of BBQ sauce
- 75g of cheese
- 1 large jacket potato
- 1 tsp of mixed herb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potato into cubes and place on baking tray (we used a pyrex) but keeping it to one side of the tray.
- Season the potatoes with the mixed herbs and the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a bit of oil over the top and mix so all the potatoes are coated.
- On the other side of the baking tray lay the two chicken breast and season.
- Cover each breast with two pieces of bacon.
- Chop the onions, mushrooms and peppers, and scatter on top of the chicken breast.
- Cover the chicken with BBQ sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake this in the oven on 200 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
With this dish, as everything is cooked together, no flavours are lost. The juices from the sauce and the chicken ooze themselves onto the potatoes, and the potatoes suck up all that lovely juice, so they too are bursting with hunter’s chicken flavour. This is such an easy throw together and as said, means that there is very little washing up!! Looking forward, as we like to do, we will be chucking together another throw together next time and this weekend we are busting the barbie out so will be bringing you lots of exciting BBQ recipes over the next couple of weeks and there will of course also be a birthday post thrown in as well!! Until then though, happy huntering of the chicken!