So there is a famous fast food sandwich chain which does some amazing meatball subs. But why leave the house when your can create this dish at home. For this slow cooker lunch you can put it on in the morning and do whatever you need to do and have a hot lunch waiting for you. This was served with marinara nachos which takes 5 minutes in the oven, so no time wasted at all. Let’s get stuck into it.
- 250g minced beef
- 1 carton of passata
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 3 tsp of garlic granules
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Pinches of salt and pepper
- 100g of cheese
- A bag of tortilla chips
- Place the mince in a mixing bowl with 1 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp of garlic granules, 1 tsp of mixed herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Get your hands stuck in and mix all together.
- Create the meatballs by rolling a bit of the mixture in your hands until they become balls. We managed to make six out of the mixture however this is all size dependent and down to how big you like your balls to be.
- Onto the sauce, in the slow cooker pot add the passata, sugar, chilli powder, paprika, garlic granules, mixed herbs and basil.
- Mix all together.
- Place the meatballs in and using a spoon, cover the meatballs with the sauce.
- Cook this on high for 2 hours.
- Spoon the meatballs into sub style rolls (we had three meatballs in each) and sprinkle with cheese on the meatballs.
to the nachos
- Place the tortilla chips onto a baking tray.
- With the leftover sauce scatter over the tortilla chips.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes of 180 degrees.
- Serve with the subs