This is one monster of a lunch and due to this lunch I will need therapy to eradicate the image of Meg with sauce all over her face, coleslaw dribbling down her chin, happily devouring her lunch. It is, however, an epic lunch by all definitions of the word. The pork is cooked overnight so is ready to fall apart when you are ready to enjoy it. This would be perfect to be taken to work and heated up or just enjoyed in the solidarity and comfort of your own home where there is shower to clean yourself up with.
- Pork joint
- Two tbsp pulled pork seasoning
- Two tbsp American BBQ seasoning
- Approx 125ml BBQ sauce
- Cup of water
- Place the pork joint in the slow cooker.
- Cover all sides of the pork with both seasonings.
- Add the a cup of water to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low overnight for ten hours.
- Turn off after cooking time.
- An hour before lunch, drain the water and pull the joint apart.
- Add the BBQ sauce, mix well ensuring all the meat is covered.
- Cook on high for one hour.
Whilst we served these on cheese topped rolls, they would be perfect in wraps or baguettes or any other suitable bread like substitute. We also thought this would be nice in a jacket potato or done as potato skins and we will probably keep that in mind for a future recipe. We will end with a final warning: you will get messy and will need a napkin, a bib, a spare pair of clothes and a shower. With a sandwich this epic though, does it really matter how messy it is?!?