We originally cooked chicken kebabs as part of our kebab takeaway night where we enjoyed our kebabs alongside doner kebabs, pizza and chips. Although we will most likely revamp the whole meal at some stage I wanted to focus on the chicken for this revamp as it provided me with a fantastic lunch idea whilst Meg was away. This recipe is simplistic as the original was, however by cooking the chicken in the slow cooker, it allowed the chicken to be wonderfully moist and the flavour carried through to the veg also.
Ingredients (for one):
- One chicken breast
- Half a pepper
- One handful of mushrooms
- One clove of garlic
- BBQ sauce (enough to cover all ingredients)
- Cut the chicken into cubes, the peppers into strips, the mushrooms into slices and finely chop the garlic
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and cover with BBQ sauce
- Mix well and then place on foil
- Wrap all ingredients with the foil and place in slow cooker
- Cook on high for two hours
I then served this in warm pitta bread but if you wanted to revamp it further you could also have them as BBQ chicken wraps. The simplicity of this recipe makes it a fantastic idea for lunch or as said, the perfect accompaniment for a main meal. We will most likely use this for when BBQ season hits also.