On paper this may sound like it shouldn’t work and in reality, it doesn’t really work and I think that’s the thing that makes it work if that works. it’s difficult to describe this dish but the lemonade provides a tang and a sharpness that is balanced well from the drop of honey. The splash of cider I added gives the pork a fruity twist whilst the chilli provides a slight kick. You may be wondering how all these flavours work together and if I’m not really sure but they really do compliment each other well. It’s probably going to have to be a try for yourself and see dish.
- Two pork chops
- One glass of lemonade
- One splash of cider
- One squirt of honey
- One splash of soy sauce
- One tsp chilli flakes
- One tsp mixed herbs
- Pepper (to taste)
- One onion
For the mash:
- 2 large potatoes (for two people)
- Splash of milk
- 1 egg
- Cut onion into slice and place at bottom of slow cooker dish.
- Place the pork chops on top of the onion.
- Throw loads of random ingredients into a glass. Ensure one of these ingredients is lemonade (my suggestions are in the ingredients list).
- Pour into the slow cooker dish, ensuring that the chops are covered by the lemonade.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- With ten minutes or so left make the mash.
- Cut and boil the potatoes.
- Drain, add the milk, butter and egg and mash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork on top of the mash and spoon over some of the onions.
As you can probably gather this is a throw in what you think will work and what you have in your cupboards recipe. It can be prepped in minutes and left. If you don’t fancy it with mash it would be perfect with chips or hasselback potatoes, both of which we have recipes for coincidentally. Most of all enjoy creating something wacky and wonderful as cooking with lemonade will always be an experiment but one which is worth undertaking.