In true Aaron style, I have left one of my favourite slow cooker meals for when there is no one here to vouch for just how good it was so unfortunately you are just going to have to take my word for it!! I decided today to do chicken fajitas in the slow cooker and I am so glad that I did. The chicken was cooked perfectly and was falling apart as I pulled it out of the slow cooker. The seasoning I used provided an excellent burst of flavour and the right amount of heat also. This provided me the perfect evening meal for sitting in the garden and melting in the sun. Simple yet delicious and yes you will have to take my word for it!
Ingredients (for one):
- One chicken breast
- Half a pepper
- One handful of mushrooms
- One squirt of BBQ sauce
- Half tin of chopped tomatoes
- A sprinkle of fajita seasoning
- Two wraps
- Empty the tin of tomatoes into the bottom of the slow cooker dish and add the BBQ sauce.
- Cut the chicken and peppers into strips and mushrooms into slices and layer on top of the tomatoes
- Sprinkle over the fajita seasoning.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- Place chicken and veg into wraps ensuring you don’t transfer too much liquid.
I cannot wait to be able to cook this for Meg and will likely serve this up with some nachos and spicy potatoes. For the sake of tonight and wanting a quick meal, this provided the perfect solution though. I really can’t wait to be sharing this again with you in the future but for now; that’s a wrap!! (I just couldn’t do a full post without a pun. Sorry. (Not sorry))