You butter be bready for this awesome recipe!! Yes the puns are out already and already we’re raisin the roof. I’ll stop!! You can imagine my utter shock and disbelief when Meg informed me that she had never had bread and butter pudding and so I had to rectify this immediately!! This is another one of my classic, read a load of recipes, forget them all straight away and end up throwing a load of cinnamon in meals!!
- 8 slices of buttered bread; enough to cover the bottom of the slow cooker (I’d accidentally bought brown bread but this didn’t make a difference)
- 500ml milk
- Large handful of raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (as much or as little as you like)
- Grease the slow cooker dish.
- Chop the crusts off the bread, cut into squares and layer the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the raisins over the bread.
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour over the bread.
- Cook on low for about three hours. After this time a knife should come out clear if the pudding is cooked.
One trick I did learn from reading around online is to pop a tea towel under the lid to absorb the moisture. This pudding was so simple to make and was so delicious that I do believe that I managed to win Meg over. I had forgotten just how much I love bread and pudding and so this was the perfect reminder. Why not give a go yourself and see just how easy it is!