Whilst I am doing well with winning Meg over with certain foods, there appears to be two things that I am going to have to perservere with and that’s sweet potatoes and well, vegetarian food as a whole! I personally was a vegetarian for two and a half years and one of my favourite meals to cook was sweet potato, spinach and chickpea curry and with Meg away next week, I’ve taken the opportunity to have it batched in the freezer ready and waiting for me.
- Two sweet potatoes
- One tin chickpeas
- Spinach (as I was using frozen, I used two cubes)
- Either one carton passata or one tin of tomatoes
- One onion
- Two cloves of garlic
- Spices: chilli flakes, chilli powder, mixed herbs, tumeric, cumin, curry powder
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes and roughly chop the onion and garlic.
- I placed all the ingredients excluding the spices onto the hob (I used the slow cooker dish) and warmed through.
- Add the spices to taste. I tend to chuck dashes of everything and then add as I’m tasting. This will ensure that your curry is as spicy or mild as you like it.
- Return to slow cooker base and cook for 6 hours on low. I cooked it overnight for eight hours and although it’s turned out well it was starting to dry up.
Whilst I’m not expecting to win Meg over with this one, I am looking forward to having this meal ready to grab next week. The way that I cook this meal ensures that you can have your curry just as you like it. If you’re serving for various tastes then serve it spicy and then stir through a dollop of yoghurt.
We are both looking forward to cooking up some fantastic feasts over the weekend and can’t wait to share some fantastic slow cooker dinners and desserts with you. If you want to follow all of my meals whilst Meg is away head over to Instagram where you will find us @aargansfantasticfeasts. Until then though, happy currying!!