Out of all of the breakfasts we did this was definitely our favourtie. It’s a great hearty breakfast to wake up to. Perfect for a cosy Sunday, with late morning snuggles and of course breakfast in bed! Within the hotpot there is everything for a fry up, but with a moist and succulent texture and the flavour that’s been brewing all night. Of course you can change a few bits up on the recipe but boy this was good!
- 4 Sausages
- 4 Rashers of bacon
- Large handful of mushrooms
- One can of beans
- 200g of potatoes
- Pour the can of beans in the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Layer the rest of your ingredients, We went for mushrooms, sausages and bacon on top.
- Slice the potatoes and the layer on top and cover all the ingredients.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours/overnight.
I did get told off by Aaron for putting the mushrooms in after the beans, as he said there wouldn’t be ‘mushroom’ for any thing else. Yet again I fell for that joke! This would be easily adapted for a vegetarian, by substituting the meat for vegetarian alternatives. One thing we did both absolutely love was waking up and a full English being ready for us! Every time I cook, I still cook pretty much everything with slimming world in mind. I don’t follow the plan to the precise instruction but always cook from scratch. So with this breakfast the only thing you will need to syn is the sausages, or leave them out. There’s nothing better than having a big breakfast, than the feeling that the big breakfast is healthy!