This is the perfect side dish for all of you who love potatoes and cheese and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love potatoes and cheese. If you have never tried Hasselback potatoes then trust us, you are going to want to try Hasselback potatoes!! They are so easy to do and actually manage to bring a bit of sophistication to the plate meaning that they are perfect if you have guests over.
Ingredients (for 2):
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 200g cheese (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove
- 25g of butter
- Place a skewer through the potato, so the skewer is half a centimetere from the bottom of the potato.
- Slice the potato, but not all the way through. The skewer will prevent you from slicing through the potato.
- Once the potato are prepped, place on a microwavable plate and microwave for about 7 minutes ( depending on the size of your potatoes and your microwave power) until the potatoes are slightly soft.
- Finely chop the garlic and add to a frying pan with the butter.
- Let the butter melt, then pour this over the potatoes, ensuring the garlic butter goes in the slices.
- Add the slices of cheese to the slices on the potatoes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 180 degrees.
Hasselback potatoes!! As much as Meg is laughing at me now I seem to have grown an obsession with typing Hasselback potatoes! So for one last time, if you have never tried Hasselback potatoes, then you are going to want to try Hasselback potatoes because we think you’ll love Hasselback potatoes as much as we love Hasselback potatoes!! I’m stopping now!! We our now never having Hasselback potatoes ever again ! Meg was just wanting to say Hasselback potatoes again and has now given me the chance to get a couple more Hasselback potatoes into this Hasselback potato post!!