We had had the slow cooker in the door for less than a minute and we were already ripping open the box and all the packaging so we could start cooking with it. The slow cooker we brought is the Morphy Richards sear and stew. With this on you can sealoff meat and vegetables on the hob, to lock in the flavour and moisture. We decided to do paella as it’s a dish we haven’t had since we first started “courting” (Aaron’s old man side coming out there). Paella is such a versatile dish as your taste chooses what goes into it. We decided on a sea food mixture however chicken and chorizo is more authentic. With this dish make sure your spices are stocked up and let your imagination run wild with all the different tastes and smells.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g paella rice
- half a pepper
- handful of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 and half pint of stock
- half a bag of mixed seafood
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 2tbs of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Roughly chop the mushrooms, onion and pepper, place in the slow cooker and fry off on the hob.
- Add the rice and the seafood mix and stir through, so that the rice is evenly distributed.
- Add all the spices and cook off for a minute.
- In goes the stock and tin tomatoes and mix well.
- Pop the pot back in the slow cooker and put it on high for 2 and a half hours and watch the magic happen.
If you don’t have a slow cooker which allows you to fry things off on the hob, then either do it separately in a frying pan or chuck everything in without frying off. Having a slow cooker is definitely going to make our lives easier as we work a lot. Dinner can be prepped the night before and ready for us after a hard day at work. Our slow cooker journey has officially began and we can’t wait to share the journey with you. If you have any suggestions for meals you’d like us to try then find us on Instagram or comment below but until then enjoy!!