This recipe could not be any simpler and can be prepped in minutes. It is one that is a, in true Aargan style, throw everything into a bowl and chuck in the oven job. We have experimented doing these burgers in different ways in the past but will keep it simple and allow you to experiment.
Ingredients (for six burgers):
- 500g mince
- half onion
- one garlic clove
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- one egg
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Place into a bowl with the mince and chilli.
- Start to break up the mince with your hands.
- Crack the egg into the bowl.
- Mix until the egg is well mixed with the mince.
- Form the mixture into burger shapes, separating the mince into the required amount of burgers. Once formed place onto oven tray.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes in the oven.
One suggestion we have received for homemade burgers is to freeze a block of butter and grate this into the mixture to stop the burgers from becoming dry once cooked. If you prefer cheese burgers, then add cheese to the burgers once cooked and then pop back in the oven to melt. The rest is up to you, double or single stack, salad, sauce. Go crazy and get creative!!