With this kebab fake-away night we wanted to have the best of both worlds by having lamb and chicken kebabs. These kebabs can be prepared the night before or a couple of hours before, leaving you with lots of time to chill out when hosting. We used a couple of different flavours to marinate our chicken in but this where you can run with your ideas and adapt it to your tastes, or even have it plain.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- BBQ sauce
- Slice two of the chicken breasts in bite size pieces and set aside in a bowl and repeat with the other 2 chicken breasts.
- With one bowl, add the garlic, soy sauce and chilli flakes, mix around, cover with cling film and put in the fridge for a few hours to marinate (marinating overnight will give it a lot more flavour).
- With the other bowl of chicken pour in enough BBQ sauce to cover the chicken so it is well coated. Cover with cling film an marinate for the same time as the other bowl.
- When you’re ready to serve your chicken; you can either place on skewers and grill or simply fry the chicken and then stuff into warm pitta breads.
If you fancy making a sauce from scratch to accompany your fantastic feast then we would suggest a sweet chilli sauce which would work perfectly in the pitta with this kebab or can be used as a dipping sauce (recipe here). More then anything though just let your imagination run wild and find that perfect flavour combination that works for you.