A curry is one of the easiest things to make (my personal opinion but just not Aaron’s sausage curry which we don’t talk about) as you can put anything you want into it (almost anything) and it’ll turn out amazing! With a curry you only need a tin of tomatoes and curry powder to get you started. We had a lot of chicken left over so of course we made a chicken curry.
- Leftover chicken
- 4 tbs of curry powder
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp of tumeric
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 3 cubes of frozen spinach
- 1 onion (diced)
- A handful of mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pepper (sliced)
- Add the pepper, mushrooms and onions into a sauce pan and fry off in a little bit of oil (or frylight)
- Add the left over chicken and then the spices and cook the spices off slightly.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the chicken stock and let it simmer down for 20 minutes.
- You can add a bit more curry powder if you want it a bit more spicy (we love a spicy curry so more the merrier). Add the spinach and once the spinach is cooked through your curry is ready to serve.
This is, of course, another very versatile recipe as you can make it as spicy as you can handle and it can be done with any meat that you have left over. If you find you’re cooking for a number of people with varying tastes then make it spicy, dish some up and then stir some natural yoghurt into the rest to cool it. More than anything though, enjoy experimenting, as we do, with different tastes and flavours and see how you can spice up your life.