This recipe was adapted from the Philadelphia website and their recipe for key lime cheesecake. By adding the lime vodka gives the cheesecake a bit more lime and leaves a warming sensation in the back of your throat.
- 160g digestive biscuit (crumbs)
- 40g butter, melted
- 250 g Philadelphia (or full fat cream cheese)
- 125 ml fresh lime juice, ideally from key limes
- 397 g tin sweetened condensed milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 50 ml of lime vodka
- Add the biscuit crumbs to the melted butter, and add to a round cake tin, press down to make a solid base and put in the fridge to chill.
- In a mixing bowl add the Philadelphia, condensed milk and whisk together.
- Add the vodka and lime juice and half of the zest.
- Whisk really well until all mixed through.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base, sprinkle the remaining zest over the top for decoration and put in the fridge over night to set.
As always with our recipes, this is another one that is fully adaptable and can be done with lemons or the vodka be swapped for tequila for a margarita vibe. This is definitely a recipe we will be doing again whilst exploring different flavours and we invite you to do the same.