These would be great to make with children and for lunchbox snacks! The pizza dough is easy to make and can be used to make large pizzas or even dough balls! We got the pizza recipe from Meg’s friend and it worked out very well! The great thing about pizzas is that the toppings can be for anyone’s taste buds!
Ingredients (makes 24):
- 2 cup of strong bread flour
- 1 cup of tepid water
- 1 tsp of sugar
- half tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 x 7g packet of fast action yeast
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 2 sausages
- 200g of cheese
- quarter of tsp of tomato puree for each pizza
- Firstly make the dough, add the flour, yeast, water and sugar in a bowl and mix together to make a dough.
- Using your hands bring the dough together and knead on a flour surface for 5 minutes.
- Put the dough in a bowl and cover with cling film and place in a warm area for an hour or until doubled in size.
- While the dough is proving, this gives you the opportunity to prep your toppings. We used bacon and sausages. Cut up the bacon and sausages into small pieces and fry until cooked and then set aside.
- Once the dough is ready, knead again for 5 minutes then section the dough into small balls and squash down to make mini discs.
- Place the discs on a baking tray, put some tomato puree on the discs, add your toppings on and then the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and cool on a wire rack for later or enjoy hot straight from the oven.
Another quick and simple recipe for when you’ve got house guests and you could even use this recipe for homemade pizza nights as we will do at some point. For now though, dough not worry what your guests will have and instead, grab a pizza the action! P.S. We forgot they were in the oven so please excuse that they are over done.