This fudge will take 15 minutes out of your life to make and can be suited to your favourtie alcoholic tipple. We used amaretto but the BBC Good Food website where we got the idea from, used coffee liqueur.
- 400g caster sugar
- 397g can condensed milk
- 140g salted butter, chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Put the sugar, condensed milk and butter in a large heatproof bowl add a good pinch of salt and stir together.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 minutes, stiring the mixture at 2 minute intervals.(Use a large bowl and keep an eye on the mixture because it will keep boiling over to the point that our microwave is pretty much ruined!)
- Once the 10 minutes is up add the vanilla and amaretto and stir. Then heat in the microwave in a high heat again for 3 minutes or until the mixture turns a caramel colour.
- Pour into the try and set aside to cool.
For our first attempt at making fudge we were quite impressed at how well it turned out and how simple it was to do. The only thing that we would perhaps do differently is leave it longer to set. As always we welcome any advice so if you have any tips on making a fantastic fudge then we would love to hear them.