In a rare turn of events I have decided to go solo with this post whilst Megan is at work to share with you an idea for a quick and simple breakfast, lunch or brunch if you’ve had a lie in and are too hungry to wait until lunch which sums us up perfectly! Again this is a recipe that is easily adaptable according to your taste and preference. For us, bacon, sausage and egg is the perfect combination.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 sausages
- 2 eggs
- 1 splash of milk
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 handful of mushrooms
- 2 part baked baguettes
- Handful of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the sausages and mushrooms into slices and roughly chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Fry the sausage, bacon and mushrooms until starting to brown.
- Whilst the above are cooking, crack two eggs into a jug and add a splash of milk, a knob of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer to microwave your scrambled eggs, chuck the jug in the microwave for three minutes, ensuring that you stir every thirty seconds or so. If using a pan, pour the eggs into a pan and ensure you keep stiring to stop it from sticking until you have a scrambled egg.
- Slice down the middle of the baguette ensuring that you are not cutting through but also leaving enough of a crevice to insert all ingredients.
- Spoon the ingredients into the crevice. You can either mix it all together first or layer the egg on bottom of the baguette or on top of the other ingredients.
- Once the bacon, sausage, mushroom and egg has all been inserted, sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Place your baguettes in the oven for approx. 10 minutes or until baguettes are cooked to your preference (slightly softer or more crustier).
As always, we welcome all your comments and suggestions and have been blown away by the response we’ve had so far (so thank you!) Please keep your eyes peeled as we have some exciting recipes to share with you over the next week or so with lots of bacon, chocolate, fudge, alcohol and cakes thrown into the mix (but not together (although there’s an idea!)) What more could you want?
Until then, happy brunching!!